Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ignorance is bliss.

 The other day I went over to my parent's house. My dad was out and I was just hanging out with my mom. After watching an hour of a show about strange diseases (at an abnormally loud volume), I had a headache and decided to use my laptop. While surfing the web, I used Skype to call my husband to make sure he threw dinner in the oven. Well, I guess my mic wasn't working right because my husband just kept saying, "Hello, are you there? I don't think your mic is working." Thanks babe! So, he started to tell me how to fix it... unsuccessfully. My mom looked over at me with a confused look on her face. Me: "What's wrong, Mom?" Mom: "How is that computer talking to you?"  Of course I have to laugh at her. Me: "It isn't talking to me. I am on a phone call with Jason over the internet." Mom: "Is it a video?" Again... laughing at her! "Nope, it isn't a video. It is just like a phone call but the laptop takes the place of the receiver." She was so confused. "How does the internet know that you needed to talk to Jason?" <sigh> I had to end the call. It was too much for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment