Tuesday, June 21, 2011

60 hour work weeks suck!

   I have had a hard time blogging lately! I guess I just haven't had anything blog-worthy. I didn't want to just write something just because... I wanted it to be something that was important to me. Well, I am tired of waiting for something GREAT to happen. I am just going to write about nothing important.
  My job has changed. I am still working for the same company but I changed my position. My new job is not very hard or challenging. I am hoping it is just a stepping stone because after a month and a half, I am already bored. Plus, I have to wake up at the ass-crack of dawn and I am having a really hard time adjusting to the schedule! Once I get off work, I am extremely tired. Three o'clock is a really bad time for me, haha.
  We are getting Dylan ready for kindergarten. I am sad and excited. He can't wait to go to school and is asking every day when he gets to go. Telling a 5 year old that he has to wait for a few months is not easy. He doesn't understand why he can't go tomorrow! I think when he actually goes to school, it will be the hardest on Gracie. She is going to be losing her best friend. She will be lost for a little while but I'm sure once she gets used to it, she will be okay.
  Jason's new job is going.... and that is the nicest thing I can say about it. I really appreciate the hell that he is going through at this place so that he can support his family. It makes me feel bad knowing that he has to go through so much freaking stress. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a better option for him.
  My mom has been getting stronger every day. After she fell in November, I thought she would enver walk again. I am happy to say that not only is she walking, but she is gaining weight also. The MS is controlling so much of her, but I still get glimpses of the mom that I remember. Most of the time, she is not really there.... but when she is, it is awesome. One day she was so punchy. She was making jokes and laughing (mostly at me, haha). I haven't seen that side of her for almost 10 years. It was a nice reminder of the way she used to be. I really miss having a mom that I can talk to or hang out with. The good thing about her being sick is that I have gotten extremely close to my dad. I consider him one of my close friends. I love that I can call up my dad when I am having a problem and he just listens. He doesn't offer unsolicited advice. When I ask for his advice, he is always so wise. I am lucky to have him.
  I guess my life lately has been busy..... but not exciting busy. We have the life of a working family trying to have enough time for each other. Tiring work days and spending time with 4 kids does not help to cultivate a relationship. We just have to make the most of the little time we have together.

1 comment:

  1. FYI... the 60 hour work weeks are Jason's... not mine. I barely get 30 hours (which is not making me happy).

    ReplyDelete