Sunday, February 13, 2011

Gluttonous Queen.....

 Since I am working on Valentine's Day, we decided to have a huge dinner on Friday night. I love big family dinners! It reminds me of my childhood. On Sundays, my entire family would have a huge dinner (at 3pm... I think my mom was trying to save $$ by just eating breakfast and early dinner, haha). After dinner, the family would play games together.  Rereading that paragraph makes it sound like I grew up in the 50's instead of the 80's. We always ate together as a family. If the phone rang during dinner we were not allowed to answer it. The TV was OFF! We would just sit there and eat and spend (forced) family time together. In some ways, I loved it! In some ways, it got really annoying!
 Getting my family to eat together is not always an easy thing. Turning the TV off is nearly impossible! If the phone rings, everyone would be running to answer it. It makes me miss that (forced) family time. Maybe it is time to start forcing my family to be together. Doesn't sound that bad, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment