Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Karma really is a bitch!

 My ex-husband took me back to court because he wanted our custody and support judgement changed. After ten years of being divorced, it seemed kind of ridiculous to me... but apparently he thought it was important. After one failed mediation appointment (he refused to compromise on anything!), we ended up having a trial and the judge decided what was best for our kids. It made me sad that he couldn't get along with me long enough to make decisions in the best interest of our kids but his lack of sense wasn't a surprise. In all honesty, he just wanted to lessen his child support. It's sad that money comes over his kids' emotional well-being. We went into court and the judge made his decision. My ex ended up with less time with our daughter than he had before. Our 16 year old said that he wanted to live with his dad and I agreed that he can do that. So, we both have custody of one kid and one week night with the other one. Plus, because of a big increase in my ex-husband's salary, he is now paying a whole $40 less in child support. So stupid. We could have worked everything out on our own and it would have been better for us but because he refused to compromise, now he is seeing his daughter less. Trying to save money when it comes to your kids is really shitty. Hence.... karma must be a kick-ass woman who has gone through a messy divorce! Thanks Karma!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I really am glad that it all worked out in your favor and I just hope that my ex-wife does not continue to be a uncompromising. She is being so difficult right now! One thing I know for sure is that my kids will never go without anything they need and some of what they want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately Cheeze, it didn't work out in my favor. He says that he is going to take me back to court again because he didn't get the outcome he wanted. My oldest will be 18 in less than 2 years so it is time to quit fighting about stupid stuff. It isn't worth it. The kids are the only ones that suffer.

    ReplyDelete